Wednesday, July 1, 2009

You been seein me lately? I'm a MIRACLE baby!

Okay okay OKAAAY. It has been a while, and a lot has happened. Here we go people, get ready for another Odyssey-length post.


First of all, LAKE POWELL!!! Love it there and had a great time. We went from June 8th to the 12th and I don't regret it for a second. A few of my friends, a few of Mike's friends, and the Johnson family and the Vallace family came with us. The sun wasn't out a whole lot, but guess what....you can still get sunburned. And I did just that. I do every year, but this time it was B-A-D. Speaking of bad, Michael Jackson died recently, but I will be addressing that separately. You could say I just foreshadowed it. Anyway, this was the worst sunshine burn of my life. It was painful, it peeled, then scabbed over, then bled, then scabbed over again. I wore long sleeves in June so I would be so repulsive to people. No worries, its all healed up and my shoulders are sprinkled with freckles like a cupcake at a five year old's birthday party. Can I just say that I love freckles on my arms. It looks like acne on my face, but I welcome the skin sprinkles on my arms. Isaac was especially unintentionally funny on this trip. If things were not going his way, he had one of three things to say.

1. This is such crap
2. You are crap
3. FREAKIN ACE

These phrases were a big hit among the teens and adults, and if anything was going the tiniest bit wrong, it was deemed as being "just crap!" Example: "My air mattress deflated last night. THAT IS CRAP." Number three was reserved for the extra-frustrating experiences. Example (this actually happened): Isaac is stuck in the wake board bindings. He had already labeled them as crap,and if that wasn't enough the board flipped so he was belly down in the water and arching his back to keep his head above water. We were all watching this happen from inside the boat. I slowly counted down from five and sure enough.......FFREEAAAKIN' AAACCCEE!!!!! Ha ha ha, the bindings did come off, and my mom had a heart to heart with Isaac about freaking out. Also, I pinched Syd. With my toes. And it left a mark, which makes it so much more satisfying. I have also smacked her across the back of the head, and punched her repeatedly in the kneecaps. I wonder how much more she will take from me, and bet your bottom dollar I'm going to find out.

Overall, it was an amazing vacation and I am so thankful to my mom and dad. My dad works really hard so we can go and bring friends, then drives the boat all week long. He is so patient and teaches anyone who wants to wake board or surf or whatever your heart desires! The trip would never be the same without him. And my incredible mother makes the houseboat into a cruise ship with the way she cooks. I'm talkin steaks, these really good cheese potatoes that I can't spell and don't want to look up, "carmel poke cake" (this is a PG blog), breakfast burritos, french toast, cafe rio, Hawaiian haystacks, bread pudding, carmel bugles, golden grams smores, baby back ribs, and so much more. I'm lucky if I come back less than five pounds heavier. She works so hard and makes sure everyone has a great time. I have truly amazing parents.

Next item of business is book club. My older brother, Jake, gave me an awesome birthday present this year. He got three copies of "The Lovely Bones" by Alice Sebold for me, my mother, and himself. That's right, a Macfarlane Might book club! We actually named it "The Finer Things Club" in honor of The Office. We have dinner and talk about the reading assignment. What do we talk about? Well, its basically all the things normal people hated talking about in English class. I'm talkin literary techniques, foreshadowing, similes, character development, the whole bit. It has been so much fun, and the story is being made into a movie! We are all going to go see it together. The book is incredible, by the way. If your looking for a good summer book, its a pretty easy read as far as the writing style, but difficult to read as far as the story goes. It is about a girl who was raped and murdered and is in heaven trying to get her family to solve the mystery of her death. The first chapter or two is not for the extremely tender hearted, the girl was thirteen when it happened and the details of her death are pretty hard to get through, but it I love it and can't put it down.

Third item on the list is a little outing that Mike, my cousin Becca, and I went on. We planned a little day trip up to Lava Hot Springs! I drove the nearly two hour trip up to Idaho, and with that much road ahead of us and my lead foot, I was bound to get pulled over. It happened, and I have to confess that I swore three times when I saw the flashing lights in my rear view mirror. I repented, so don't even worry about my business. Anyway, I was going at least twenty over (he didn't tell me how fast I was going) and my insurance card expired, which is a 127 dollar ticket by itself. I was so nervous, and told him that I had only been pulled over once before. He went back to his car for a long, long time and we all knew he was writing me up big time. He came back, and asked me to roll down my rear window. I thought it was a strange request, but I remember all the tazering video's I watched on youtube and my finger lept to the window button without me even thinkin twice about it. He told me he didn't feel safe because the tint on my window was so dark. And he might of got a glimpse of Mike's biceps, enough to make a grown man wet himself like a frightened puppy ;). Well, he handed me a warning for both offenses because of my spotless record. Little did he know that the only reason it was spotless was because of a plea in abeyance for a ticket for 9 over I got in November, which I should have gotten my license suspended for. 97 in a 65...woops. The Lords lookin out for me, even if I did swear three times. Anyway, Lava was tons of fun, and they have square ice cream there!! They should play that up a little more, might attract more business.

Last, but certainly NOT lest, we have a new member of the Macfarlane family. Her name is Sheila, and she is PHAT. I searched far and wide for her, and I the moment I laid eyes on her, I knew we were going to have a long lasting friendship. In case you missed it, Sheila is my new bike. She's a 3 speed Electra cruiser with a little attitude. She made the biggest dent I have ever had in my wallet...over 500 bones, and that's with 10% off, but the entire five hours I have spent with her alone have been worth every penny. I'm in creepy love with this bike, so deal with it. I have gotten tired of driving my car around the block or down to Smiths, so I decided a bike would be greener, tone my legs, give me skin sprinkles that I love so much, and turn a head or two. I haven't been disappointed since. Lyndi sits on the back and goes on bike rides with me, I love every second of it.

I almost forgot about Michael Jackson. I think my brother, Jake, said it best when he said "Only in America could a poor black boy grow up to be a rich, white, woman." The King of Pop's legend of music and dance will never die. As creepy as he was in his later life, the man transformed the music and dance industry and I think he was just as revolutionary in the business as Elvis was in his day. I love his music, and I think Thriller will forever be played at every single high school dance.

Well, if anyone complains that this post was too short, your bonkers. Till next time, peace out cyber space!

3 comments:

  1. angie haha. this was a freaking sweet post. glad to hear your summer is going well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is crap.
    dad is crap.
    you are crap.
    lets take a picture with our necturrriinnnesss.
    ha ha your blog is so cute
    love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. So i am super excited i found your blog from kaylas! It looks like you guys had so much fun at lake powell i was so sad i couldn't come. Stupid school :(

    ReplyDelete