Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Melt Down


Our giant deep freezer. My own mother. Who knew a day from Satan himself could consist of so much frozen food, and be on a Sunday? Lets start from the begining. Two Sunday's ago, my dad came into my room around eight thirty. I don't like being aroused unnecissarily early, so I was a little perturbed. I was then informed by my father that the stand up deep freezer in our bomb shelter had thawed out over night. I love "the bomb shelter." First of all, its hidden behind a secret door that looks like cubbords. Well, I guess the secrets out now. Second, we call it the bomb shelter, as if terrorists were planning on dropping an A-bom where it will do the most damage.....Fruit Heights Utah. I knew immediatly that this was serious. Here is an equation for you! Deep freezer melt down

1 side of roast beef
6 racks of ribs, 16 Lbs total
28 cinnimon rolls
40 LBS OF CHICKEN
20 Lbs of Rasberries
2 family size sacks of corn
1 pork roast
1 pork tenderloin
12 pumpkin cookies



We sorted out all the food while listening to "Don't Worry, Be Happy" and what I like to call the "OOO child" song my mom always sings. All us kids tried to lighten the mood with jokes of feeding the homeless and being an Oprah special. It was actually kind of fun! The ovens were going non stop all day and my amazing mother got everything cooked and vacuum sealed and back in that freezer.



Lessons Learned:
1. The deep freezer must be shut via body slam
2. In my family, we alway have each other's backs
3. There is hardly a situation that can't be laughed about

1 comment:

  1. Love it...it's good to know your family can survive even the tastiest of disasters.

    P.S. Could someone leave the deep freezer open just one more time...now that they're all prepared I would love some raspberry jam, ribs, and cinnamon rolls!

    ReplyDelete