Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Dirty Details

I'm in love. With a boy. And he loves me too. And were dating. I figure I'll cut right to the chase and dispel any rumors that may or may not be going around. We have been a "thing" since the beginning of September, and we have been basically inseparable since day one. We decided today that the world needs to know how incredibly fun, hilarious, socially awkward, and happy we are....and what better way to do so than through blogging? Yeah we couldn't think of a better way either, so be prepared for a lot of updates on what Eric and I are doing. Oh yeah, his name is Eric Hronek (like sonic with the rrrr sound for those of you who get tripped up by silent letters). Here are the dirty details of the first few days of our relationship, in painful detail.

We met on September 11. Ashley and I were slack lining outside of Eric's apartment, and he happened to be walking out and wanted to give it a shot. He and his roommate came over and Eric was addicted right away. Pretty soon, we all got a little tired of slack lining and just started talking and laughing. As it turned out, Eric and I had the exact same sense of humor. We chatted about what we liked to do. I told them that I liked boating, and was just getting into Airchair-ing, and that I had recently taken up tennis lessons. Eric has a deep love for both of these activities, and I dare say this was the first common ground we had. But I still wasn't very interested in him till Ashley said he had a cute laugh and that she thought I should go for him. I agreed, so I did! We ended up baking banana bread, playing Nintendo 64, and watching MST 3000, during which we held hands. Long story short, it was love on day three.

Instead of having to read all the things we have done for the past few months, just take a gander at these pictures.
One night, I asked if I could draw a mustache on his face. He said as long as he could draw one on my face as well. Of course I said yes. It was at that moment that I realized that Eric is the boy version of myself.
We are a little obsessed with hippies. We slack line, recycle, Eric has hemp, I hardly ever shave my legs... you get the picture. This was the tie dye date, a must have in every hippie relationship.
Pumpkin carving! That's Sonic and Tails right there. Sonic and Tails is the nickname that my brother, John, lovingly gave us. What do you know, it stuck!
LAKE POWELL! We had a blast. Eric landed a back flip on the sky ski. I had never been more attracted to him than after seeing it. Also, we love throwing up the peace signs.
This is our favorite picture. Were heading to church at Powell, doesn't get much better.

That is us in a tiny nut shell. Expect more updates in the future!

3 comments:

  1. you and eric are a perfect match. can't wait for the wedding. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE IT! AND i LOVE YOU! DON'T EVER CHANGE! HECK "YOUR FREE WHITE AND 21" LIVE IT UP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your story Ang! Its been fun watching you fall in love and be so happy! You deserve it girl. I'm excited for Eric to join this awesome family!

    ReplyDelete